iDevices announces their HomeKit-enabled product today, the iDevices Switch. This Bluetooth Smart and Wi-Fi compatible connected plug is set to start shipping during the first half of 2015.
Ensure Your Home Is Exactly How You Like It
Through a free iDevices Connected app, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users can effortlessly control, monitor and schedule products around the house. Hundreds of appliances such as lamps, fans, humidifiers, Christmas lights and stereos can be intelligently managed through the iDevices Switch.
The iDevices Switch plugs directly into an electrical outlet, and connects to a home’s Wi-Fi network. Once the user downloads the iDevices Connected app from the App Store, they are able to instantly control any product they have plugged into the Switch through an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Designed With The User In Mind
The integration of HomeKit allows for unique features such as controlling HomeKit-enabled accessories using Siri.
• All You Need – Works right out of the box with a simple connection process. No external hub or subscription fees required.
• Siri – Switch can be controlled using Siri on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You can even create your own commands to control multiple home settings. For example, you can automatically turn off lamps connected to your iDevices Switch, lock your doors, close the garage door and set the thermostat to the desired temperature, all with one command.
• Remote Access – iDevices designed a custom IoT cloud for Switch for remote access without the need for an additional hub.
• Create Custom Events and Schedules – Through the iDevices Connected app, users can design custom events that fit their lifestyle. The iDevices Switch can remember events and make sure they happen even when the user is away.
• Personalize Your App – Users can upload photos to the iDevices Connected app to personalize the App.
• Customizable Nightlight – The iDevices Switch has a nightlight with unlimited color combinations.
• Compact Design – iDevices designed Switch to fit seamlessly into any room. With the outlet on the side, furniture can easily be placed close to the wall. The compact layout of the Switch also means it does not block adjacent outlets.
CEO, Chris Allen said, “Over the last year, we’ve studied consumer frustrations and hesitations surrounding connected home products. We’re confident that the iDevices Switch, paired with the iDevices Connected app, is going to exceed customer expectations to overcome these common reservations.”
“We’re ready to be at the forefront of revolutionizing the connected world and developing one of the world’s first HomeKit products is a huge step towards this,” said Allen.