Curb, an energy technology startup, announced its Indiegogo campaign launch for the Curb home energy intelligence system. The system is a holistic home energy intelligence solution that connects people to the home, even when they’re away, to provide useful information into how and where energy is used without expensive or disruptive home renovation. Armed with Curb’s real-time and actionable insights into home energy usage, people are empowered to take control of their homes and electricity bills.
Curb aims to make every home smarter, safer, and more efficient by monitoring everything in the home that uses electricity with one simple product. Curb’s sensor box easily connects to the home’s circuit breaker for ongoing analysis of electricity usage. From there, Curb’s sensors and powerful software algorithms identify the amount and cost of energy used by different rooms, devices, and appliances in real-time, when things are turned on or off, and even when electrical equipment starts to fail.
- Real-time Spending Breakdown: see the amount and cost of energy being used and get a breakdown by appliance, device, or zone.
- Bill Estimates and Notifications: project electric bill based on current energy usage and find out when users are close to set thresholds.
- Safety Alerts: immediate knowledge of abnormal energy usage and potentially dangerous situations: a curling iron or stove left on.
- Remote Controls and Triggers: integration with partner platforms allows customers to control other Wi-Fi enabled products directly from the Curb app. Partners will be announced soon.
- Tailored Recommendations: Curb learns users’ behavior and shares personalized tips to help them save money, be safer, and be more energy efficient.
- Historical Trends: compare what is going on in users’ home this week to previous weeks.
- Solar System Monitoring: keep tabs on how much electricity users’ system is generating and if there are any malfunctions.