Icontrol Networks, the company behind the most widely-distributed interactive security and home automation platform in the industry, today announced that it is powering Bhome, a comprehensive smart home offering from Bezeq, Israel's largest and leading telecommunications group. Bhome, based on Piper by Icontrol Networks, is a self-install, Wi-Fi-enabled All-In-One Home Security System that combines panoramic video, Z-Wave home automation and environmental sensors with mobile control. Bhome marks the first time Piper will be deployed as a platform for a service provider solution, highlighting its flexibility as both a B2C and B2B product.
Smart home technology available in the country is estimated at hundreds of shekels for basic products to tens of thousands of shekels for sophisticated control and monitoring products. With Bhome, Bezeq offers technology, support and service for only NIS 19.90(equivalent to $5.281) per month, making it the first affordable home automation solution available to the Israeli market.
“Bezeq's research found that, like U.S. consumers, a majority of Israeli residents are interested in automating their home,” said Bob Hagerty, CEO of Icontrol Networks. “Our partnership with Bezeq brings Icontrol's award-winning smart home technology to a region of the world where, up until this point, it was unaffordable. We're one step closer to making smart home technology accessible for everyone, everywhere.”
As part of the launch of Bhome, Bezeq is establishing a smart home in the Netanya Ikea, as well as a smart home model onsite at the company's headquarters in Tel Aviv, featuring Ikea furniture and other Israeli-made smart home devices.
“This is just the beginning of the smart home innovation we'll bring Israeli residents with Bhome,” said Ran Guron, deputy CEO of Bezeq. “In the next several years, we will enhance the service with additional features, new device compatibility, and may even expand to new commercial and municipal markets. We chose to work with Icontrol because of the company's trusted, extensible network, which will let us bring Bhome to the next level seamlessly.”
The partnership with Bezeq continues Icontrol's international momentum, and helps solidify the company's position as a global home automation leader. Icontrol's platform manages more than 26 million sensors and devices in the U.S., Canada, Japan, Europe – and now the Middle East. This year alone, more than 100 billion events, alerts, and commands will be collected, processed, and made accessible by Icontrol systems, making it the most widely-deployed interactive security and home automation platform in the industry.
Core features of Bhome include:
- Security: Customize three security modes (home, away and vacation), motion detector and piercing, 105-decibel siren.
- Automation: Integrate Z-Wave accessories into Bhome's security modes, control them remotely, on a schedule, or using environmental data.
- HD Panoramic camera: 180-degree fisheye lens, electronic pan, tilt, and zoom, 1080p camera sensor.
- Night Vision: Featuring the widest field of view available in the market, 180-degree day/night vision offers a clear and complete view of your home no matter the time of day. Night vision kicks in automatically once the room starts getting dark.
- Advanced camera resolution: The 3.4 megapixel camera sensor ensures you don't miss any details!
- Customized alerts: Phone call, text message, email, and push notifications to users and their trusted circle when security rules are triggered.
- Environmental sensors: Monitor and control home temperature, humidity, ambient light and sound.
- Elegant Design: Simple, intuitive app. Stunning, compact, two-toned form with brushed metal legs.
- Smart Hardware: ARM processor, battery backup, internal memory for video storage, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi.
- Android & iOS support: Available on Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.
- Two-way audio: Talk directly to occupants through its app on your mobile device.
- Multi-device functionality: Support up to five different Bhome solutions within a home so you always have visibility and control over your different spaces.
- Bedside mode: Featuring an active panic button, Bedside mode lets users manually turn on a siren in case of an emergency. Easy to reach and quick to access for fast action, users can now set Bhome to Bedside mode before going to sleep for a more secure environment at night.
Source: Icontrol Networks