eero is a tri-band Wi-Fi access point, meaning it can broadcast on three wireless radio bands simultaneously. With two Ethernet ports, eero is perfect for media rooms or anywhere with Ethernet wiring. And despite being half the size of the original eero, eero Beacon is a full-fledged access point with 30% better performance. Beacon plugs directly into any outlet and easily expands the system to cover every corner of the smart home. It also includes an intelligent LED nightlight that adjusts brightness depending on the time of day.
- With TrueMesh software, Wi-Fi hops between eeros to travel down hallways or go through walls
- Regular audits of the entire eero infrastructure are run by third-party security firms
- Software automatically updates about once a month
- eero systems use Transport Layer Security (TLS) and WPA2 encryption to maintain a secure connection
- eero Wi-Fi connectivity: Tri-band Wi-Fi radios, simultaneous 2.4GHz, 5.2GHz, and 5.8GHz wireless, 2×2 MU-MIMO, beamforming, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- eero Beacon Wi-Fi connectivity: Dual-band WiFi radios, simultaneous 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless, 2×2 MU-MIMO, beamforming, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Smart home connectivity: Thread 1.1 Border Router, Bluetooth LE 4.2