TP-Link has unveiled the KC120 Kasa Cam smart camera, designed to deliver sharp, high quality 1080p video footage from the moment users start to stream, keeping them connected to their home, family and belongings anywhere they go.
Easy to set up and simple to use, the KC120 Kasa Cam is triggered by sound and motion. It starts recording as soon as movement is detected then sends an alert to update users. From the Kasa app users can watch and zoom in on live or recorded video at any time. The KC120 has a 130° wide-angle lens to detect peripheral movements and a night vision mode that detects activity from 7.6 meters, so any disturbances after dark are detected and recorded.
A built-in microphone and speaker enables two-way audio so users can communicate with people in the property, whether friend or foe. The KC120 comes with an adjustable stand and magnetic base so it can be placed on either a flat surface or put on the fridge door, meaning that users get instant notifications of any activity, so they can keep an eye on elderly relatives, and speak to them directly, or ask a partner to turn the slow cooker on to start dinner when they receive a notification that they have returned home.
The KC120 camera is the latest addition to TP-Link’s smart home range, which can all be controlled through the Android and iOS device-compatible Kasa Smart app, so users can coordinate all of their TP-Link smart home products from a smartphone or tablet. The Kasa app also enables users to pair TP-Link products with devices such as Amazon Echo, Dot, Tap and Google Assistant for voice control and live video streaming to any Alexa or Google Assistant-supported display, like a Fire TV or Google Chromecast.
“Our KC120 smart cameras provide the ability to watch your home from anywhere at any time, via smartphone, which offers peace of mind like never before,” said Will Liu, Country Manager, UK & Ireland. “Consumers worldwide view their homes as their castle so we have designed the KC120 to not only protect your home, but also enable you to talk to loved ones and keep an eye on your belongings when you’re out and about. With TP-Link and Kasa, your smart home is now always within your reach.”
Users can set up custom activity zones and notifications, so they receive alerts about what matters most to them, and aren’t worried unnecessarily. Different modes, such as night vision and away mode, also enhance the user experience, ensuring that users have the level of protection that they need.
- 24/7, crystal-clear live video, all-glass lens, 130° wide-angle view with 1080p resolution for rich colors, balanced lighting and sharp video quality to make users feel like they’re in the room
- Night vision up to 25 ft. provides crystal clear night monitoring
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Home Assistant to allow voice control
- Custom activity zones and notifications ensure users get the alerts that matter most
- Records a clip every time it senses motion or detects a sound
- With Kasa Care, activity recordings are stored to your Kasa account so users can review and download videos from anywhere. Each Kasa Cam comes with two days of free video history and a one month free trial to access 30 days of video history
- Two-way audio with built-in microphone and speaker lets users keep in touch with their family
- All recordings are protected with AES-128 bit data encryption and SSL/TLS
- Requires a secure home Wi-Fi network connection